Pages

Wednesday 3 June 2020

PLD so far this year

I hadn't recorded any of my PLG for the year so thought I would make this post to keep it upto day.

In term 1 2020, I attended a PLG around behaviour of boys, we had a discussion around it and the take home for me was to ensure consistency and to make sure I used positive reinforcement.

I have joined the PB4L subcommittee at GreyMain and have been part of setting up a positive reinforcement plan where students get ME awards and can get acknowledged at assembly if they are one of the top three in the class.

The whole staff attended a T-Shaped literacy TeacherOnly day in January. and this is something I will implement as my inquiry for 2020.  I have already started dabbling in this and we will continue with planning Tshaped literacy lessons as a hub.  Our inquiry will be around using TShaped literacy with a small group of students and monitoring their progress.

I have also had Laytham Martin in my classroom twice so far this year.  The session last week, I used for him to assist students new to blogging.  I also got him to offer suggestions on how to use the handin sheet and how to stop students from typing in fields owned by others.

In addition to the PLD stated about I also attended the DFI for 2 weeks before and then during level 4 and 3.  I have blogged about this separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.